Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week #2

We've already hit week number 2 since sending the dossier! By now we're assuming our dossier has made its way through the Washington DC authentication process, and sits at the Ethiopian embassy. We're hoping to hear from our agency soon about the status.

I'm in the process of looking at various booster seats. The 7 month old infant I care for during the day could use one, and I know Amelie will use it as well. I think we've picked out Amelie's portable crib for our room, but I narrowed it down to two and just haven't decided yet. It may be something we wait on purchasing until we see her face and know her age. Shopping is not my 'bag' and I just don't get much thrill from it. I'm looking more forward to the fabric stores and making her toys, blankets, and purging our home to make room for her both spatially and energetically.

I have a couple of matching dragon capes I'm making for Andrew and Sky today while Daniel has a very long day at work (9:00am-7:00pm). Daniel worked Monday, but had Tuesday and Wednesday at home . It was like a mini-vacation, so we're all a bit disoriented from that and Spring Break. Daniel and I talked yesterday and I asked him when he thinks our referral will come...he thinks at the 7 week mark, and I said closer to 8. I'm hoping he's right, or even sooner! Here's to time flying!

2 comments:

Sam's mom said...

want to see pictures of the dragon capes.

Liz said...

So.. if you ever need a personal shopper, keep your poor grad student sister in mind... I love to shop!!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog