Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Blog That = Smiles

I wanted to post a link to a new blog entry I found today. Little Amari caught my eye because she's from Ethiopia, and when Sky saw the video post he almost fell into tears over her. He said "Oh Mommy, I just want to hold her, why can't we hold Amelie now." He collapsed into my lap and said "If we had Amelie in front of us right now we'd all be screaming! Oh I can't stand this, Mommy." His complete agony was palpable. I'm realizing the wait is going to be very hard on him once we receive her photo.

Amari helped us feel a tiny bit closer to Amelie today. We thank Amari and Jill for sharing their first year of joys with us.

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

Yup Mari is amazing. So is her mom Jill. Jill does the BEST job w/ Mari's hair so you will have to get together (via email) with her. she has photos, videos, and even a list of products they use.
Mari is enough to make anyone laugh, smile & ache for their child.
But Amelie will be home soon. I feel it!
Just remind Sky that very soon a family will be with Amelie and take video tape of her and send it back so you guys can see. I think I'm as excited to see Amelie for the first time as I am to hold sam!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog