Saturday, March 7, 2009

Garden Fashion

I am a very humorous person, and find myself bursting into laughter all the time. But I have to say Andrew took the cake for me today when I replaced the foil wrap on our Lavender centerpiece with a wooden basket. Like he always does, with just about any discarded article, he asked "Can I have that?" I often say no to avoid the usual "Drew's dumpster bedroom" scene, but I handed it to him wondering what he could possibly want with it. Of course, why wouldn't someone wear it? Why didn't I think of that?! When he put it on and went outside to rake the old leaves I just could not stop laughing. It was painful laughter with tears rolling down my cheeks and the endorphins are still spewing forth this evening. He has no inhibitions and I love it. Our conventional Sky just stared at him, scrunched his face and stayed on the other side of the yard. Andrew wore it the whole hour they worked outside while passers by just smiled at him. Fortunately, this is the day Andrew started his new ADHD medication and it's obvious he hasn't lost that funny, expressive sparkle!

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog