Thursday, March 5, 2009

And We're Off!

Andrew, Sky and Daniel barely made FedEx's 6:00 cut-off today, but they arrived with smiles and a whole lot of pride. Sky and Andrew both seemed honored to be a part of it. At 6:00 I was deeply focused at a group meditation and kirtan service. Much needed after this hectic, but happy day. My shoulders are lighter tonight and I'm celebrating with my 3rd small piece of cheesecake...I'll take any excuse to indulge. And I swear, if anything tells a parent they can handle the extra work of an added child it's the compiling of an adoption dossier. There is so much involved, and so much focus needed that it will make Amelie seem like a piece of cake! Err, uuuh, "cake" on the brain tonight.

We are, at last, a Waiting Family! This means a referral as soon as April 9, or hopefully no later than May 28! It's time to get very busy with life so that the calendar doesn't become torturesome. Hmmm, which unfinished household project should we tackle first?

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

YEAH! Happy Happy Day!!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog