Monday, March 30, 2009

Embracing DisOrganization

"First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination." --Napoleon Hill


New & Unfinished Projects:
  • Tile the floor in the basement breezeway leading to the playroom (with the tiles we purchased over two years ago
  • Clean and organize the basement storage room
  • Finish the last few painted wall stripes in the corner of the kitchen
  • Finish painting the new chair rail in the dining room
  • Finish the green paint around the window in the Master bedroom's dormer
  • Hang the rest of Liam's pictures since his move to the downstairs bedroom
  • Replacing the pickets on the backyard gate that Emily (our dog) destroyed
  • Repair loose pickets in the front yard
  • Finish touching up paint that was peeling off South side of house
  • Change the basement homeschooling room into a wild and fun Art Studio for Andrew and I
  • Have the roof repaired before all the shingles blow off the East side
  • Hang up the three smoke detectors that fell down 3-4 months ago
  • Design and create the heirloom quilts I always wanted to for both Andrew and Sky
  • Get our huge Walnut tree pruned before it damages someones car or falls on the roof
  • Paint the accent wall around the fireplace to finally match the decor (pink with red stars just doesn't cut it in here)
  • Finish cleaning and organizing all the closets in the house
  • Finish fixing up the old playhouse in the back yard
  • Finish planting the shade garden I started in the front yard
  • Install the antique flower box under the living room window (I purchased and painted it last Fall)
  • Finish the Life Books I started for Andrew and Sky over 2 years ago
  • Finish the Waldorf Star Baby doll I'm making for Amelie
  • Finally replace the light fixture Sky and Andrew smashed and broke over a year ago
  • Replace the glass Sky broke on one of his small window panes three months ago
  • Finish the book I started about my journey with parenthood and adoption
  • Get organized
Okay- that is a partial list, but I have to stop there. It wears me out just thinking about everything. I don't make lists and it appears I should. I made this one in an attempt to get clear on how severe my "unfinished project" disease is. I have a calendar, but only look at it a couple of times a week. Focus and self-discipline are not my strengths, but I'm improving, believe it or not. I'm happy to have so many things to occupy my mind while we wait for Amelie. Now, where do I start and where is the time?! God help me and the entire family during this time of nesting fanaticism.

2 comments:

Liz said...

But I always loved the star wall!!

Patti said...

This is one of your best blogs. Loved the list of a zillion things that need to be done. Boy, anyone who owns a home can relate to this.....Yup, you are nesting, big time!

patti

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog