Sunday, March 29, 2009

Toothless Corn Nibbler

I prepared a new recipe for dinner this evening called "Indian Chick Pea & Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup" and it called for a side of toasted pita bread with cucumber-yogurt sauce. Deeeeelicious! The soup was vegan, so it was perfect for Daniel, but I oddly found myself craving corn on the cobb so I threw that into the meal. It was Andrew's first time eating it on the cobb like that, so he was puzzled initially. One bite and he was drooling, and then begging for another one. It hadn't occured to me that Sky just lost his two front teeth (a huge hole there with no new teeth in sight!) and may have a hard time eating it. As soon as he saw it, he said "I won't be able to eat this, Mom. Look at my mouth!" I started laughing and encouraged him to use whatever teeth he had left. Well, with his will power surrounding food he was finally able to consume two buttery, baby ears (it just took more time than everyone else). I couldn't believe all the cheers and moans of ecstasy at the table tonight....the whole meal was a hit.

2 comments:

LinZi said...

that soup dish sounds great... can you share the recipe?

Sam's mom said...

I so NEED a copy of that recipe!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog