Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dossier Ball Still Rolling

We just received notice from our adoption agency that our dossier looked good, and was shipped out to Washington D.C. yesterday. The State authentications will be authenticated (such redundancy I know), and from there it will be ready for Ethiopia and translation. Yay!

Since we're requesting a girl between 0 and 2 years old we can't help wondering if she's already at Toukoul orphanage, and whether this broader age range means we'll receive a referral sooner. Our homestudy says we're open to 0-3 years of age, and approves us up to 4 years old. Is there a little two year old girl toddling around that we'll get pictures of, or will we be waiting on an infant who may be getting abandoned or discovered at this very moment? So many unknowns to ponder, but we'll have answers very soon. Whatever the case, I send love and blessings to her birth family for the heart wrenching decision they had to make, and pray she's safe, healthy and receiving enough nourishment. I spent a half hour on YouTube this morning watching ETH adoption videos, and I swear the tears were streaming over each little baby girl I saw! I kept wondering "Does Amelie look like her? Or does she look more like that little girl...? Is her nose like this, or is it more like that?" I keep getting impressions of her in my dreams and waking hours, and when I see a girl that looks like those visions I become overwhelmed. We are so very close to seeing her image with our eyes.

2 comments:

Sam's mom said...

I picture Amelie with ringlets of curls, so I think she's older, not an infant, but a toddler. I picture her standing in the sunshine in a yellow dress. I don't know why yellow. She is reaching up. I don't know if it's to her nanny or to Daniel (in ETH) or to you (at home.) She is GORGEOUS and has very wise eyes.

Deb said...

Now you've got me watching Ethiopian adoption videos...trying to imagine Amelie as well. You are in the same boat we were while we waited for Samedh's referral - she's out there waiting, and you will be formally introduced soon! I can imagine her eyes as well: large, beautiful dark eyes, full of expression...And a huge toothless smile & chubby cheeks with dimples...boy, I am counting the days until I hear about your referral. I pray that you have a short wait and she is home with you very soon!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog