Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time Flying

With Sorin walking 11 blocks to the library on her own, and Sky able to do his own showers these days (completely independent of me) I'm noticing how quickly kids grow up. Sky is also making his own lunches- PB & J with chips and fruit; he is so prideful. It won't be long before he gets out of bed to get his own cereal, helps himself to snacks, etc. and I'll have to start limiting his food intake...he can eat endlessly. Andrew isn't so quick to progress with indepence because he missed out on all of his infancy with us. The other night he asked me "Can I shrink back into a tiny kid if I don't eat?" It showed me that a lot of his aversion to food is linked to desperately wanting to be younger, resisting growth. He still needs to be babied and nurtured (to be allowed dependence in order to reach independence). All older adoptees need this.

With my awareness of how fast children grow up, I will be savoring every single moment with Amelie... I'm 41, so she is our last child; my last beautiful chance to nurture a being and watch her bloom. She will probably be one of the most documented and photographed children in history.

Just two days. Two short days until we find out whether we passed court. I got news that two families have recently passed, but two others have been assigned new court dates- this Wednesday, and one in August. Our agency director informed a family who has court Friday that we have nothing to worry about with court this week... Mainly, I am still so incredibly grateful that Court is staying open and not closing the 6th of August. A sheer miracle of timing for us, and takes a load off our minds just in case we get rescheduled. So much to be grateful for these days, no matter the outcome Thursday.

My sweet Amelie/Sosena, we are SOOOOO CLOSE!

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog