Monday, July 13, 2009

Letting Go

Well, here we are. 1 day until court, and still no information to alleviate our worries. 1 day from cheering or disappointment. We spoke with our agency director and, so far, no letters have been acquired from MOWA. We were told our attorney is still trying, and if he doesn't succeed he will plead our case in court and at least try to get us a new court date that is prior to August 6th (court closure) so that when MOWA re-opens on the 23rd we can get the letter. I'd imagine the courts want to wrap up outstanding cases prior to a two month closure, and I trust they will attempt to hear as many cases as they can in the next few weeks.

It's all kind of surreal to us at this point. I've had many moments in which I have been able to transcend this whole drama, and witness it from a distance. It's like a movie...a suspensful one, but not exactly real. When tomorrow's news comes and passes I'm hoping to have that same ability, no matter what the outcome. My outer state does not dictate my inner one... it doesn't have to. I know everything that can be done in Ethiopia is being done, and I can't expect anything else. It's in the hands of God, the Universe, the Great Spirit, Divine Mother... Thy will be done.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I heard that court doesn't close this year. I hope that's true for your sake...

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog