Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Court TODAY in Ethiopia

I wasn't able to mention it earlier today because I am trying SO HARD not to think about it, but now that it's July 30th, 4:30am in Ethiopia I have an inner scream that won't stop! In just hours we have court and Amelie WILL officially be a Peebles (we have every reason to be optimistic).

Daniel and I are trying to figure out how to sleep, escape reality, etc. but nothing works. Meditation is nearly impossible because of the monkey-mind's incessant worry and preoccupation. I don't watch television, but we'll try season 2, disc 3 of HBO's "Carnivale" this evening, along with a keg-load of kava tea and valerian capsules. Calming herbs, dude...what would I do without them?

Here's to hoping my next post will be confetti and balloons!

5 comments:

Sam's mom said...

cannot WAIT to see pictures of your little Diva!!

Missy said...

Yep, I want to see the pics!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Good luck! Very excited for the pics. I'll be thinking of you all day!

Amanda said...

It's already the afternoon in Ethiopia and I'm hoping you get good news when you wake up!

Christine said...

we only have the tiny referral pic and one update pic...the update picture is soooo out of focus with poor lighting (we were squinting just to see her). I've put together a slideshow and hope to post that when we pass... I so wish we had more pictures because she has the most pretty little face!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog