Sunday, July 5, 2009

Down to Nine!

Just 9 days until court!
When I got up this morning and looked at Amelie's new picture I became overwhelmed in tears. Her sweet face has imprinted on my heart, and the fact that I can't hold and comfort her yet is becoming more difficult. There is a deep joy in knowing she will be here so soon, though. I think the tears were a mixture of both joy and sadness. I keep waking up with the physical sensation of having held her tiny body in my arms. I'm so grateful for that. Daniel had a dream about her last week- one in which he and I were in a waitng room, waiting for her to meet us and I had to leave and use the restroom. Because of this, he was able to hold her for the first time alone. He talks a lot about how he felt very connected to her on a spiritual level. Anyway, as beautiful as that dream sounds, I don't think I will be stepping out to use the restroom when that special time comes!
There are two designated Embassy dates assigned to our agency that we could get after passing court- either August 24th or September 7th. Either way, the fact is that we are traveling in less than two months to bring our sweetie home!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hey, kiddo. I just put a link on our blog to your blog. Should have done that a long time ago. I read your blog every day (Daniel's too!!!), over my first cup of coffee.

You guys are getting close......wow. Just thrilled to be sharing this journey with you guys....take care.

p

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog