Saturday, July 4, 2009

Andrew's Song to Amelie

After opening Amelie's new picture on the computer yesterday, Andrew reacted the same way as he did with the first picture. He almost blushes (face looks down, bashful and covering face), then he looks at me with tears welled up in his eyes. He did this yesterday, but then walked over to her photo on our fireplace mantel, sat on a small stool and started singing to her. He turned around in the middle of the song asking "Mom, is it okay if I sing to Amelie now?" It was so touching as he started singing a song we have on a recording by Janaka with the lyrics "Looking in the Eyes of an Angel." If you visit the link, click the song "Eyes Divine" for a small sample. The song is about what it was like for him seeing our guru's picture for the first time, but for Andrew it held special meaning for his sister yesterday. He adores her already, and has shared with me that he's completely terrified of how much he's going to love her when she gets home. He said "I'm afraid I'm going to start crying when I first meet her. I won't know what to do." I told him I will probably cry, too, and it's perfectly fine. She's family, we love her and she's been away from us too long already. Of course we can cry!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Andrew is so sweet! I'll definitely be crying when I see Yeabnesh the first time!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog