Thursday, June 11, 2009

Waiting On A Court Date: 1 Month

Whoa- today marks one full month of waiting to hear of a court date. When we received our referral, the agency director projected 5-6 weeks until we receive it. That means we'll hear something this week or next week (if he projected correctly). After we receive the date, we'll be able to start making more definite travel plans and know an approximate date for the Embassy appointment.

Once again, I'm feeling very patient about this, while Daniel is getting pretty restless. We got our referral after only nine weeks, and current referral wait times have increased, so I don't feel we have anything to complain about. I count our blessings every day and know we'll have Amelie home at the right and perfect time.

3 comments:

Sam's mom said...

I got mine at 1 month 1 day. Emily got hers about 2 1/2 mos, but we received the SAME court date. I'm sure you'll get in before the court closure (if they do close this year.)

Kelly said...

Hi there - Just learned about your blog from Meg's blog, and I look forward to reading along. Good luck with your wait on a court date for your Amelie! What a beautiful name. We are just starting our home study but I can imagine the wait is quite difficult.

Kellyann said...

Personally I find this part the hardest of the wait. So you are doing good so far. Once you know who your child is and start falling head over heels in love with them it makes the wait more real....and hard.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog