Thursday, June 18, 2009

Too Pooped To Post

We've had a lot on our plate these days and this week has been one of those weeks in which it's all caught up with me. I get extremely scattered/ADD about once a month (my version of PMS, I guess) and it's so hard to manage all the details of life in that state. Here is a little list I drew up to help me see it laid out in a more logical way. It's helpful when it's no longer just floating around in my head like a crazy stew!
  • Amelie's adoption process, and awaitng a court date (mustering patience takes energy)
  • The idea of travel overseas in a few months has me working on large packing lists, and checklists for paperwork. Not to mention the shopping I've done for Amelie (bottles, clothes, diapers, etc).
  • The usual juggling of 4 kids and their Summer schedules, along with a 5th child I'm babysitting.
  • Realizing Andrew is in dire need of more therapy sessions, scheduling those and working hard to stay positive about the amazing progress he has already made.
  • Finishing up a lot of unfinished projects. This is ongoing, but there always seems to be so much to do with an older house, especially while preparing for another child. This list is immense.
  • Roof repairs. We did a temporary fix. We're getting our Homeowners Insurance company's adjuster out here to look at our roof.
  • Getting the ball rolling to make sure I'm Sorin's legal guardian when she turns 18. We found a lawyer who offered to do it for free, or almost nothing. Yay!
  • Getting a letter with Sorin's evaluation stating "she's unable to make important life decisions on her own." We have to call the Family Psych clinic for this.
  • Go to the courthouse to assure Sorin's Child Support continues past the age of 18. She will technically be doing 3 extra years of High School (until age 21), participating in a special independent living program offered by the district. She will receive her diploma after that is completed.
  • Prepare for a 5 day trip to Chicago with Andrew and Sky. This also includes all preparations for leaving Sorin and Liam (and the 5 pets) with a house sitter (instructions, schedules, meal plans, etc). Sorin will be at a Teen Unity Rally for most of the trip.

I'm sure there are a few things I left out. I've had so much on my mind lately that it's been difficult to find the time and energy to post anything. Honestly, I keep hoping I can post good news about our court date! Despite my scattered periods, I love all the activity.... Sky was thanking me this morning for all that I do. He said "Mommy, you work so hard all the time and I want to tell you that I am so thankful for you." It was very sweet. Then he asked, "Do you enjoy your life, Mommy?" I smiled at him and cheered "I don't just enjoy it, I LOVE IT! I'm very happy being a mom, it's all I ever wanted to do." I also told him it doesn't feel like work to me because I love it so much, and that I hope he's able to find something he loves that much when he grows up. He said "I want to be a Chef, fly a plane, race cars, be an architect and design green cars! How can I do ALL that?!" He wants to do so many things, it'll be interesting to see what he finally settles on.

It's time for me to get back to finishing up Amelie's doll (a Waldorf style Star Baby). It has her name sewn on it now, and I'm getting so excited to have it done! I'll post pics soon.

3 comments:

rachel said...

that is so sweet that sky said that to you and i loved your response! perfect!

can't wait to see the doll! do your kids attend a waldorf program?

rachel said...

i had to come back and post that i just saw your "waiting for referral" video. soooo funny!

i also read in your "about us" that your husband loves collard greens. so does my husband. he spent his childhood in liberia where they were plentiful and a staple. he introduced me to collard greens when we started dating and now the whole family eats them, including the kids! we all love them!

Christine said...

rachel- we have a local waldorf school, and when i homeschooled Andrew I consulted with them and read up on Steiner's philosophy and teachings. I still really love it...so much of it has helped me with the younger kids.

the collard greens comment had me laughing. my husband went through a major "juice only" phase, and he was eating collard greens in every drink! when he bought the leaves at the store he was always beaming at how absolutely gorgeous they are (like a bouquet of flowers). He even had me take pictures! I'm sure, if prepared right, I could eat them, too... they are quite lovely :)

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog