Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Andrew's Yoga Postures




I couldn't resist posting these pictures of Andrew's yogic skills. He is the most flexible human I have ever known. He does these postures effortlessly...being Indian it's in his genes. He started fine tuning these skills at age seven by staring for hours at our Yoga magazines. The various postures intrigued him, and he's tried almost all of them. He's very proud of himself and these skills. Of course, my favorite pose is the lotus (at top) because he looks so at peace. At bedtime he meditates prior to falling alseep.
He keeps talking about wanting to take yoga classes when he's older. He shared today that he's "decided to be a professional tabla player" (Indian drums), and wants to attend "Tabla College" when he's done with high school. Anything is possible.

4 comments:

LinZi said...

I would love to learn the tabla too... it looks like such a fun and versatile instrument. That sounds like a great career. :)

LinZi said...

also, I love the yoga poses... do both the boys have interest in yoga? When I have kids someday, I would love to encourage them to do yoga and meditate... How did Andrew first get interested? How long does he meditate for?

Christine said...

He's interested only because he sees mom & dad doing it, and we have the magazines everywhere. Kids imitate so much before age 9 or 10, so just modeling for them is all that's necessary. We never push them into anything. Andrew meditates for about 5 minutes at a time (all they can handle at that age, plus he has ADHD). He knows the meditation is "the best medicine for his ADD symptoms". He tells people that all the time :-)

LinZi said...

hehe... well I think I can only meditate about 10 minutes at this point... so he is doing great! ;) I am still hoping to have a bit more practice with meditating!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog