Thursday, June 25, 2009

Court Date!

We are another BIG step closer to bringing Amelie home! Yesterday, as we pulled into my sister's driveway in Lombard, Illinois (after an 11 hour drive) Daniel called our agency director. He was told we definitely had a court date assigned. He sent us the exact date today: July 14. We'd been waiting 6 weeks and 2 days since we accepted the referral. I am floored because I was seriously bracing myself for a later court date, and later travel. Now it looks like we'll get an Embassy date of August 24. No more "limbo" here!
Amelie, Mommy and Daddy are coming very, very soon! It's less than 19 days until you are officially a "Peebles!"

7 comments:

Amber said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! That is so soon, how exciting!

Jeff and Leslie said...

Great news! Hope all moves quickly from this point.

The Lowery Clan said...

Hope we see you there! :)

Special Delivery said...

Yay! What terrific news! I am thrilled for you guys! And, I think it's SO amazing that you guys have such an important and fun reunion! Have a great time and I can't wait to see pics of the two lovebirds holding hands! Colleen and I can't wait until our predestined lovebirds hold hands!

Mom to many said...

Just have to add my cheers to you! Great news.

Caroline said...

Aaron and I are beaming!!! Congratulations!!!

LinZi said...

congrats! I'm so excited for your family. :)

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog