Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All Work and Play


sweeping the kitchen floor. Sky likes to take the handle off his sweeper and roll it by hand. Oh sweet labor...he loves it.

cleaning behind the sofa

Andrew found the skin of an onion behind the sofa

nesting


Sky has been attending the University's soccer camp this week and just as he returned home Andrew was in the middle of oiling the new dining table. Sky asked to help out, and from there on the entire day was a huge success. They worked hard together cleaning the house, sweeping every floor, and scrubbing grime. Of course I sat on a comfy chair just watching them, enjoying their labors as I read and nibbled Chips Ahoy cookies. Sky was on cloud nine and kept saying "I feel so great. I'm free, I'm so free and feeling marvelous!" I think it was the sense of cooperation he felt with his brother. You can see it in the top photo....such pride.
After all the cleaning I gave them a bunch of blankets so they could create a tent out of the dining table. I love their clever bunk beds.

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog