Thursday, April 9, 2009

Week #5

We're at 5 weeks now, yay! I'm happy whenever we make it to a new week; now I can say we're 'going on' 6 weeks.

After posting yesterday I felt like quite a whiney baby. I considered all the families who have longer waits at other agencies, or with other countries, and felt terribly selfish. It happens to the best of us....we lose sight of all the positive things happening around us when we're in that state of "why me" or "why not now?" Really, it's a childish place to be. Before we know it, we'll have little Amelie's face in front of us- a photo and all her information, and we'll have peace of mind with her eyes forever rooted in our hearts. It's a simple matter of time.

Meanwhile, the children I do have at home are entertaining enough. Yesterday, Andrew came home from school and had armpit odor for the very first time. Really, it was bad. I almost fell over, not only from the smell, but because my 9 year old boy who has only been home for two years is beginning to show signs of puberty! There was a voice deep within me screaming "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!" My Andrew who has shared that he secretly wishes he could be an infant again, who still wants to believe in the Tooth Fairy (despite his brother Sky trying to ruin it for him), and he still asks me to help him get dressed every morning. He is my baby in so many ways and he simply cannot have smelly pits yet! Well, I faced reality today and went out to purchase him his first deodorant this afternoon. He used Daddy's this morning, and when I took it out he acted very concerned. He's so underexposed to the world, especially cosmetics and body care products. He looked at it and said "What is that? What are you doing?! You're putting Glue Stick on me?!!!" He was a bit tense about it, but I was cracking up about his perceptions..... those stick deodorants really do seem like huge Elmer's Glue Sticks! He never ceases to entertain this family.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I will never again be able to put on deoderant without comparing it to a glue stick. LOL!!!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog