Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Feet

Despite being a bit sleep deprived today, I'm cheering and squealing while doing the Happy Dance! I've just learned that the family who guided us to our new adoption agency, the Dezuttis, received their court date today. We'll always be so grateful to them for their gracious assistance when we made the difficult decision to switch agencies in January. I'm so THRILLED for their good news, and their homeward-bound baby boy is absolutely stunning! Their referral took 6 weeks after dossier submission, and they received the court date just 1 month and 1 day after referral acceptance (set for May 27th). Now they'll be traveling in June! This is marvelous because they've offered to hug and play with Amelie, and take pictures of her during their visit to Toukoul. We're praying our referral comes soon so we can at least have a court date by July or August. The rainy season this year is supposedly hitting around early September; at that point courts are closed for a couple of months. Last year it hit in August, so we're grateful for the extra month....the timing this year couldn't be better!

The waiting for our referral is getting more difficult lately. It comes in waves, really. One moment I'm fine, busy or too tired to think, and the next moment I'm feeling all nerves & needles & impatience washes over me. This not knowing if her photo is coming today, or 7 weeks from now is trying. I always thought patience was one of my strongest virtues, but the adoption process always makes me wonder. Once I see her little face, something is going to come together in my mind and heart, and so many things will make sense. I just know it... when will that day be?

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

We will be so very honored to play and hug and kiss and bring packages to Amelie! I'll know her the minute I see her, because I can already feel her spirit!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog