Friday, April 24, 2009

7 Weeks

It's too funny. I just posted and deleted it because I said we'd hit the 8 week mark, when it was really the 7 week mark yesterday. We're GOING ON 8 weeks. I can't help it because I love the number 8...it's my favorite!

Anyway, yesterday marked 7 weeks since sending our dossier off. This coming Thursday will be 8 weeks, and I'll rejoice because we'll be halfway to Amelie if the wait goes the full 16 weeks (that's mid-June at the latest). I'm not preoccupied with the wait these days due to amazing weather and new outdoor projects. My endorphins are going, and I must be reaching a "gardener's high" with my fatigued, worked-out body humming and an overall sense of giddy-ness and 'take on the world mentality'! Maybe it's all the sunlight? I'm also feeling a great deal more patience and trust regarding the process. I know we'll be referred the right and perfect child for us at the right and perfect time.

Tomorrow I get to watch Sky play soccer for the first time this season and I'm so excited. We're praying for no rain!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Isn't it amazing how the sun and some nice weather can give us a whole new outlook in life. Maybe I need to move to a state that is mostly sunny all year long :-)

Liz said...

Woah. 8 is my favorite number too! WEIRD.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog