Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maybe, Maybe Not

I think I'll believe it when I see it. Or should I say "him?" It has been 7-8 years since we've seen Daniel's older brother, Alex. He and Daniel were glued at the hip growing up (Irish twins at only 18 months apart), but Alex lives in Gunnison, Colorado and we just don't see him at all. He's never met Sky and Andrew which is so wrong! Anyway, he's visiting their mom in Missouri and may be swinging by this evening for a short visit. He's never seen our home or our children, so it will be an event to record indeed! Sky has always asked about his mysterious uncle Alex (or "Peebs" as he's nicknamed), and he even wonders if he really exists. Can't blame him there. Like I said, if I see him walk through our front door I'll believe it. For now I'm not holding my breath, but it would certainly be wonderful for him to finally meet his two nephews!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So hope that your kids got to meet Daniel's brother. I had to laugh at your Irish twin reference. We have Irish twins (defined as two kids a year or less apart). Claire and Kathleen are Irish twins. When I saw the eighteen month reference, I had to look up the definition, because according to your definition (18 mos) we have THREE sets of Irish twins!!!! Not big spaces between our kids!!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog