Tuesday, April 28, 2009

La Primavera es Bella!

Oh, what an absolutely gorgeous day! With rains and cloud cover all weekend, and drizzle yesterday, my brain is soaking up the sun's rays as they stream into my windows. The birds are chirping and the skies are so clear.

I spent yesterday painting over the accent wall around our fireplace. For almost six years it's been a terrible pink/mauve with red stenciled starbursts. Don't ask me what I was thinking, but I do recall the mauve looked very different in the store on the color swatch- more of an earthy brown with a hint of rose. It was all wrong, but I left it because, prior to moving in, we had to paint every single wall. The accent wall is a calming, sage green color and it finally matches the Taos clay tiles we installed around the fireplace. I'm looking for a Diego Rivera print to frame and hang above it; I'm working hard at incorporating more Latin American things into our home. This weekend I hung a colorful Mayan coconut mask in our kitchen, and Sky was very pleased. The Rivera print we find has to have Calla lilies in it because one of our fireplace tiles has those lilies (they're one of my favorite flowers).
I'm living more in the moment these days, not heavily focused on Amelie's referral. I feel more calm and focused, less scattered. Our agency's director is in Ethiopia right now, visiting the staff at Le Toukoul, gathering updates on reffered children and possibly bringing some new referrals back. I look forward to great news from several families, but am not attached to the idea that we'll be one of them. I do have some comfort knowing our director may be seeing Amelie, along with two other families who are there now. We'll see her beautiful face at the right and perfect time.
For now, I'm off the internet. I'm spending even less time on here these days and it's been great in helping me get more focused at home. I'm off to inhale some fresh Spring air!

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog