Thursday, April 30, 2009

8 Weeks and Counting

Finally, my favorite number eight has come. Eight weeks have passed since mailing off our dossier. It's been a great week for me because I've let go of impatience and expectations completely. I honestly don't expect a referral, but at the same time know that it could come at any time. Daniel, on the other hand, has surpassed impatience and fallen into "disappointment".... I keep hoping he can let go, but it really is so difficult when we sense the referral coming right around the corner. Such a monumental day that will be!

Oh, and no. Daniel's brother Alex didn't make it last evening. He was driving from Missouri back to Colorado, and by the time he was getting close to Lawrence it was way too late in the evening with everyone in bed, so we had to say "Maybe next time." Life is funny.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I fell into the disappointment ditch too, but it WILL happen. I can't wait to hear about your referral!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog