Monday, August 24, 2009

Small Family Snippets


Snippets seem to be all I have time for these days:

-Prasad is still going by Prasad, and he proclaimed at the breakfast table this morning "I will go by Prasad for the rest of my life, forever and ever." We are still all so proud of how far he's come.

-Prasad ran downstairs on Saturday morning, cheering about how he read the book "All I See Is A Part Of Me" all by himself. It was a more complicated book than his usual Dr. Seuss books, so he was immensely prideful. He sat on the sofa saying "I am such a great reader. Oh how I love myself so much!" These comments are miraculous. He is really becoming an avid reader... he's still dying to read every book on our shelves.

-Speaking of books, Liam loves thumbing through our bookshelves and we took these pictures yesterday morning while he browsed.

-Sorin was eating breakfast this morning and screamed loudly, startling all of us. I ran into the room, "What's wrong, Sorin?!" She seemed panicky "Oh noooo! I just swallowed a Cheerio whole!" She was seriously concerned and we had to explain that we didn't need to call an ambulance. We all laughed together afterward. Hysterical.

-Daniel and I finished grouting the basement floor Saturday, and Daniel painstakingly scrubbed all the tiles clean on Sunday. It looks great, and feels wonderful to know our basement floors are done for Amelie. We'll take pics after all the furniture gets moved back into the breezeway.

-Sky starts Chess Club today, and Prasad will resume his classical Indian singing class this Saturday after a long Summer break. Things are slowly getting back to 'normal' since school started up, and we're about to shake things up in JUST 10 DAYS! I guess we can say goodbye to life as usual in the Peebles household! Miss Amelie is sooooo close.

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog