Friday, August 21, 2009

13 Days To Africa

We've been hunkering down to focus on so many details before travel. I keep realizing we have some details to iron out, or some 'things' we need to pick up at the store. Amelie will likely be teething, so I'm loading up on baby Tylenol, teethers, Anbesol gel and such. At the same time we're trying our best to pack as light as possible. A joke when it comes to a 9 day trip overseas with an infant in tow, but we're trying. We'll definitely be utilizing the laundry service at the Guest House because I'm not packing 9 outfits. We may get by with just wearing things twice.

The orphanage likes Ziploc bags, so I've been picking several boxes up for donations, along with girls underwear (I heard they had a dire need for them recently). I couldn't believe Wal-Mart had a pack of 9 undies for $5 and were even labeled as "Wedgie Free, no bunching" Is that for real and can there really be such a thing? Hilarious! There will be some lucky, wedgie free girls wearing size 6 undies at Toukoul.

We got all our Embassy paperwork completed, including the I600, I864 and the visa application. We don't know the exact name and birth date listed on Sosena's birth certificate, so we had to leave those blank (sometimes there are discrepancies). Today I'm starting to write up the daily schedule for the housesitters and may start the meal plans so I know what groceries to stock up on.

I found out from our agency that we're due for an update (pictures and medical) any day now. I have a feeling we'll get it just prior to leaving. It's been two months since the last update and I can't imagine how much she's grown. Will she be crawling everywhere, walking, etc? Two months ago she was babbling, laughing, sitting with assistance and changing objects from hand to hand, healthy & thriving well (in the doctor's words). We're ALL on the edge of our seats here, just dying to meet, hold, kiss, snuggle and play with her. I'm off to have another very productive day!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Just a quick note... the laundry service at Toukoul takes a long time. They don't have a dryer, everything is dried on the line. I imagine that during the rainy season, it could really take awhile.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog