Friday, February 20, 2009

Sky Notes

Sky has been so extremely helpful these days. I took him with me to the store yesterday and he saved me a great deal of labor by loading groceries in and out of the cart, then into our car and home. He jumps to help whenever he sees me in need. Today I had to go pick up Liam early from school because he wasn't feeling well (sniffles and a bad chest cold), and Sky was enormously helpful with that. He's hitting a stage of showing more empathy, and realizing how good it feels to serve others.

Sky is also extremely wise. I want to record this for him and Amelie because he really touched us today. The younger boys didn't have school today. Little Cecilia (the infant I'm caring for on weekdays) was sitting in our family room and Sky gazed at her lovingly saying, "You know, Cecilia is our teacher." Daniel asked him why he thought that and Sky responded "Because she is helping to teach us about our Amelie and how to take care of her." Then he called her a very special girl and said we are very lucky to have her in our home. Later in the day he walked up to me while I held Cecilia and said "I'm looking at Cecilia now and imagining her with brown skin, dark eyes and curly hair. That way I know what my sister, Amelie, will look like. Not very different from Cecilia, and just as cute." He is so ready for his sister, and with how much he oogles over this baby I know she is going to be spoiled rotten by him!

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog