Monday, February 16, 2009

I Wish I Could Keep You For The Rest Of My Life

The words "I wish I could keep you for the rest of my life" really touched me tonight when Andrew walked up, touched my face and looked into my eyes with such love and depth. These are the types of statements we don't hear from our biological kids because they take for granted that family = forever. They have that luxury, while Andrew and Sky are always wondering when the rug will get pulled out from under them. It doesn't matter that Sky came home much earlier (17 months old), they both have this issue. I responded "Oh of course you have me forever, Andrew, that's what mommies are for." He had a surprised tone "I do?! Oh cool." Then I added "I still have my mommy, don't I?" He walked away seeming to be deep in thought a few seconds... "Yes, you do."

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog