Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Closer to Amelie...

Okay, okay...the indecision has ended and we're mailing our application to the new placement agency today. They're not exactly new, and I believe they've been around for at least 20 years or so. They have a track record, and I've heard from satisfied families who used them. We researched the Better Business Bureau and they haven't had any complaints against them. It's such a huge decision that it's been stressful and mind numbing, but when I see the delays for referrals and huge waiting lists at our current agency the decision seems obvious.

So, the application is ready and going out today. Once we're approved we'll inform the other agency and proceed forward. Meanwhile, our completed, notarized copies of the home study should arrive today and we can send that with oour I-600 to the USCIS immigration office for a fingerprint appointment, then approval. I'm praying this isn't delayed due to a new administration....with Sky's adoption the approval came in a matter of weeks, and for Andrew we ran into delays. Divine timing, Divine timing...I have to keep remembering that no matter what happens it's all for a reason, and all is exactly as it should be.

Tomorrow morning Daniel and I will venture out to get a new State Police fingerprint clearance. We had them done before, but we didn't request a notary on the clearances because the other agency didn't require them. This new agency does, and right now it's taking 1-2 weeks to get them back. Next week we'll be going to Topeka for originals of Sky & Liam's birth certificates, while Daniel will work at getting Sorin's from Missouri. Those are given to us within minutes while we wait. For Andrew we'll simply attach a "true copy" statement to a copy of his original Indian birth certificate (I was so relieved we're allowed to do this). After the fingerprints, and birth certificates are gathered we'll be ready to authenticate the dossier. We're moving forward with all smiles!!!

Last night Daniel and I talked about how frustrating it is not to see Amelie's face yet...not to even have a clue what she looks like. He said "If we close our eyes we really can see her, though. Just focus on her." I did that and sensed her outline, her tiny form, her hands, and could feel her in my arms. I keep feeling her in my arms and it's comforting. Before we know it all these sensations will become tangible, physical and seemingly surreal even though she is here, smiling, growing and thriving.

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

Funny, I see Sam when I'm NOT trying to. When I'm clearing my mind, the baby just pops up. I love that. Little bits of unexpected joy throughout the day.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog