Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Green Kids

I am laughing my pants off! It's one of those things I usually forget to blog about, but I just happened to be online this evening writing to our homestudy agency so here I am. Daniel is doing a 30 day Juice fast that he calls a "Juice Feast". He's gone out and purchased so much organic, pure juice that we don't know where to store it. That's not the funny part....We all ordered out for Central American cuisine tonight, but Daniel concocted a juice smoothie blended with cucumbers, spinach, kale, broccoli, apples and apple juice. When it was all blended together it looked like fluorescent green ooze. He held the pitcher up to the kids prior to blending and they all said "Wow, cool, look at all that!" I was amazed at their acceptance of so much green. After blending he presented the pitcher to them and I thought they'd surely gag. Instead, Andrew and Sky begged for a drink. This is more than I could do because I can't handle the deep, super green heavy taste of kale. Finally Daniel gave them cups of juice and Sky drank it down in one swig! Andrew sipped in ecstasy while Sky commented on how delicious it was. I sat shocked by how unusual our kids seem to be. Sky craves broccoli and spinach and gets super excited when he has it in dishes, and now he's loving this 'super drink'. Daniel commented on how it went straight to his head and gave him a buzz and the kids agreed. They became more zippy and lively so I don't doubt it. I don't know why, but I cannot help laughing (with pride) about my kids. They argue with their classmates about how good veggies and tofu are! I wish I had a picture of that smoothie Daniel made....I swear it would glow in the dark.

Anyway, on a more practical note we're preparing for our social worker's visit tomorrow. After that it's only a matter of days before our homestudy is completed. The ball keeps rolling along and we're getting closer and closer to our little girl every day :-) She'll surely get brainwashed into crazy veggie living as well...hee hee hee.

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog