Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby Steps

These sealed envelopes are music to our eyes. After working tirelessly yesterday to put together our new dossier documents, I filled out our USCIS I-600A form (for Immigrations) and made copies of all the necessary documents for it. I also completed the application for our new agency, attached our homestudy along with the social worker's signed agreement to do post-placement reports. All this while babysitting a 5 month old! I get stressed because I worry about my scattered mind forgetting or overlooking a detail or two, so I obsess until it's done. When Daniel came home he reviewed the documents and carried them to the post office. My shoulders are dropping about five inches and I'm feeling more relaxed than I have in a few days ~breathe~ These little details seem trivial to post about, but every little step is so valuable in this complex process. Andrew and Sky are commenting on how much work adoption requires, and asking whether we did all this for them. It's nice that they're old enough to understand and witness all we went through and I think they feel more valued and special as a result.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking a break from all the paperwork and right-brained, organizational hubbub. Tonight is our 'writing night' and I'll finally have some creative time to work on my book.

No comments:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog