Monday, January 19, 2009

Her Name

Well, it's final...at least it's final for now! We've decided to name our new daughter Amelie Linda. Amelie is pronounced: Aah-ma-lee with the first syllable stressed and the second syllable barely there, almost like Aam~lee. I have always personally loved the name (it's French and means 'industrious'). Linda is my mother's name and means 'beautiful'. We researched countless baby name sites and kept thinking we loved this name, that name, but none of them stuck. As soon as we read the name Amelie we said it aloud and it was very, very right. I asked Sorin what she thought and it was the first name that didn't take her any time to adapt to; she liked it immediately. I know there will be mispronunciations, like Uuh-Melly, but we're willing to deal with that. Even Sorin and Liam get their names mispronounced, and often!

It's so nice to refer to our new daughter with a real name in conversations... I have a feeling that after the names Amelie and Linda will be a third Ethiopian name that she keeps.

We are all looking so forward to tomorrow's historical inauguration! Woo hoooooo!

2 comments:

LinZi said...

I love Amelie.. what a sweet name. :)

atHisrighthand said...

I love the name.. Great choice.. You have a beautiful family! I love it... We too have two bios, and two adopted(both domestic though) and now the twins are coming.. I had to laugh at your previous post.. As people ask us lots of whys.. but recently I have gotten the oh you will adopt again.. I just know it.. I laugh and say that God will have to bring them to our door step then.. :) At this point we just need to get the twins home! :)

blessings!
Elise

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog