Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're Back!!!

Amelie meets Aunt Stephanie, cousin Zoe, and her brother Sky at at the O'Hare airport after we landed from Washington Dulles & Addis

Daniel and I at O'Hare airport with Amelie, Sky and my niece Zoe (we still had 1 more flight left and were zonked!)

It was a beautiful trip and Amelie is a DREAM!!! We'll be posting pics and details soon. We all got home around 10:30 last night and are pretty wiped out. Our travel was over 31 hours with ZERO sleep. What a journey, and soooo worth every minute. When I walked inside our house last night and looked at our whole family together I couldn't stop thinking about what a beautiful and absolutely amazing family we have. I am so blessed.

A post is coming soon, but seriously I have a hard time just finding the strength to type these days. Lots of rest is needed and Amelie has been sleeping through every night we've had her, so I'm sure we'll be rested up soon.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Welcome home! Amelie is beautiful!!

I look forward to reading all about your trip.

Amber said...

Yeah, welcome home!

Tania said...

Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all about the trip and of course see tons of pics of your beautiful daughter.

Sam's mom said...

Welcome home guys! Oh my! She is so much more beautiful than any of the pictures you had from the orphanage. Guess that just means she gets more gorgeous every day.
She is perfection. I can already see she is PERFECT for your family.
Suck up as much sleep as you can. Not to "jinx" you, but Sam was a great sleeper at first, and then not so much.
Hope to talk soon!

rachel said...

welcome home!!! you are such a beautiful family!!! i am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your trip! when you are rested up, of course!

Mona said...

I am so happy you are home and your family is all together. I can't wait to hear details of the trip and see lots of photos.

Alisha said...

It's so great to hear that you're home and had a good flight! I'm getting teary over all of the kids coming home.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog